Monday, April 20, 2009

Have you noticed Ice Cream is smaller? 16 ounces smaller

I ventured out to the grocery store today after work. I have been absolutely disgusted at the prices in the grocery stores. I have cut back on alot of things, I have started buying store brand items. I mean heck you can't even afford to eat. Take a look at the picture above. I was so excited when I seen Breyer's ice cream was finally on sale. Buy one get one free.. Great I reach in the freezer, get out what I thought was 1/2 gallon of mint chocolate chip ice cream and to my surprise it was smaller than before. I noticed we have gone from 1/2 gallons of ice cream to .375 gallon of ice cream and the price has gone from 4.99 to 5.99 so we have lost .175 gallon of ice cream and had a $1.00 increase. Un freaking believable. Needless to say I did not purchase bryer's ice cream instead we sacrificed klondike bars and ice cream sandwiches 2 for 5.00. And everyone wonders what is happening to the economy. Well here you have it. Pay more get less... I may purchase their .375 gallons of ice cream if they put it on sale buy one get 3 free...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG... Ha Ha Ha your blog is so funny.. I really really enjoy reading this. Please don't stop posting.